Five Things You’ll Want to Know About Endurance Training 2.16.23
This week’s Five Things:
- Getting all your stuff ready for your first marathon or century can be stressful. Read about a checklist for your first marathon here.
- When I lived in western New York, Boyd was just a punk kid hanging with us old folks on group rides. Then he got strong and rode as a pro before opening Boyd Cycling. Read more about him and his wheels here.
- Cyclist Leah Goldstein beat everyone, including the men, in the Race Across America. Read about how she did it here.
- Tapering for a race, whether cycling or running, can be tricky. You want to be fresh, but still well-trained. Read more about how to taper here.
- Traveling to a new area to ride or run is one of the great joys of endurance sports. I usually look for adventures in different states to explore new-to-me parts of the country, including the Texas Hill Country mentioned in the article. Read more here.
Help your performance with useful knowledge
Every week, I post five links to content I’ve been reading and thinking about.
The links discuss endurance training, strength, yoga, nutrition, mental health, inspirational stories, or just cool running or cycling topics.
These stories might not be new, but they are new to me, and I want to share the material with you!
If you come across items you think I’d like to read about, send them to me at paulw@SimpleEnduranceCoaching.com
Let me know what you think!
Coaching with Simple Endurance Coaching
This is a lot of information in a short article.
If you liked this article, please share it with others.
I support a limited number of cyclists and runners become stronger, more durable, and more mobile to improve their cycling and running performance.
If you are a gravel cyclist, cyclocross racer, or trail runner, you’ve come home to the right place!
Contact me or sign up for Virtual Coffee so we can discuss your goals, ask questions, and talk about making your endurance training more effective, fun, and Simple.
Sign up on the website to get a free copy of my e-book, 6+1=The Way to Better Health, Fitness, and Your Best Season Ever” to help you get stronger to improve your cycling and running performance.
You can also opt-in to receive my weekly blog posts about what works in endurance sports.
Paul Warloski is a USA Cycling Level 3 Coach; RRCA Running Coach; Training Peaks Level 2 Coach; RYT-200 Yoga Instructor; Certified Personal Trainer